Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Internal Number: R-087236
900 John R. Wooden Drive West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Eligible/Board-Certified Sports Medicine physician with prior football experience preferred, but not required to serve as a Team Physician at the prominent Purdue University.
Located in West Lafayette, Indiana, Purdue University is a member of the Big Ten Conference and offers 10 women's and 10 men's NCAA Division I intercollegiate sports. Purdue University is made up of about 40,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students that come from all 50 states and 124 countries, making it one of the 25 largest universities in the United States. Also, Purdue is 1 of only 22 self-supporting, NCAA Division I programs that receive no university or state funding and fund more than 600 student-athletic scholarships.
WHAT WE NEED:
The ideal candidate will have a background and experience in university athletics. He/she will have a strong focus in sports medicine, ability to communicate and interact closely with student athletes, coaching staffs, administration and associated multi-disciplinary medical team. Must be BC/BE in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and completed or currently finishing a fellowship in Sports Medicine. The candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills including enthusiasm for college athletics, accountability and a dynamic sense of urgency to ensure the delivery of extraordinary care to students.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Typical Schedule:
- Game day coverage as needed
- Seasonal travel during the Boilermaker football season
- Function as a full-time Team Physician for the Purdue Athletic Department with over 600 student athletes
- Provide medical care for varsity student athletes including, but not limited to, general primary care, minor procedures, substance abuse education and testing, and strength and conditioning of athletes
- Primary responsibility: medical and musculoskeletal care of the Purdue football team including practice coverage, game coverage, travel with the team, and prompt communication with Senior Associate Athletics Director (Performance & Sports Medicine), Lead Orthopedic Physician and Head Football Athletic Trainer.
- Secondary role: Assist Purdue's Head Team Physician with medical and musculoskeletal care for all Purdue student-athletes in athletic training room and share coverage responsibilities for other sports as able. These responsibilities can be tailored to the applicant's interests and strengths.
- Teaching opportunities through undergraduate athletic training program, medical students, residents, fellows and Advanced Practice Providers
- Comprehensive on-site medical clinic including imaging
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of athletic trainers, physical therapists, dietitians, psychologists, strength coaches, and network of subspeciality physicians
- Enjoy close collaboration between Purdue research initiatives and Athletic Department
- Tight knit community campus culture that celebrates diversity (student body is made up of students from all 50 states and 124 countries)
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health's hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes more than 900 physicians and advanced practice providers at 260 locations, who are devoted to creating the best outcomes for more than 4 million outpatient visits annually.
Established in 1869, Purdue is Indiana's land-grant university, a comprehensive educational and research institution that is a member of the American Association of Universities (AAU). Purdue ranks fifth among public institutions in the United States. The West Lafayette Campus, located one hour north of Indianapolis and two hours south of downtown Chicago, has ten academic colleges with an enrollment of 40,000 students. Purdue's strengths in Engineering, Agriculture, Science, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Liberal Arts, Management, and the Health and Human Sciences contribute to a robust research and educational environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
For more information, please contact Jamaul Riley, Physician and Provider Services Team -via email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Lafayette is a multi-faceted town which encompasses a vibrant college scene, a beautiful natural landscape and a lively urban center. Across the Wabash River in West Lafayette, Purdue University draws a diverse young student population to the city. A walking tour of downtown Lafayette reveals a historic core of Victorian architecture, unique shops, and public art.
- Doctorate Required
- Physician License (DR) - Upon Hire Required and
- Board Certification in Specialty Discipline (or eligibility if appropriate) - Upon Hire Required
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.