Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Make Extraordinary Possible
UCHealth has an excellent opportunity for a Physician Assistant to join our team.
* Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high volume clinic and has a collaborative approach to patient care.
* Is able to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
The pay range for this position is: $48.37 - $70.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
Work Schedule: Full Time Days
Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources. Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
Provides outpatient care to include triaging of new patients and medical management of return patients.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
Requirements for Physician Assistants:
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
* Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
* Physician Assistant Certification (PA-C) issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
* Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
* Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
* Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
* Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
* Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
We welcome those who naturally gravitate toward our inclusive community that celebrates our differences, our individuality, and our similarities. Here, we are dedicated to putting patients first, excellence, and integrity. For those individuals called to join our team, we want you to find more than just a career here. We want you to make extraordinary possible.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee's contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years' employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.