Practice Supervisor - Pain Management & Physiatry Practice
ChristianaCare Health System
Location: Newark, Delaware
Internal Number: JR58732
ChristianaCare Pain Management and Physiatry Practice is looking for a Practice Supervisor to join its team t o assist the Practice Manager and Clinical Leader with primary responsibility for the daily operation of the office, ensuring adequate staffing, supplies, and patient flow resulting in excellence service to our patients for both virtual and on-site appointments. To provide supervision of the non-exempt office staff. The Supervisor works closely with and supports the practice clinicians in their ability to deliver quality care with efficiency.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as Site Supervisor in offices with no designated supervisor
- Coordinate daily services and program delivery of the practice site location establishing protocols and standards for efficient and effective office operations
- Lead and supervise daily functioning of practice location and staff, including staff performance to expectations and counseling as appropriate
- Coordinate office staff schedule, tracking staff time and attendance
- Ensure staff is providing immediate service recovery, intervening as necessary
- In coordination with practice manager, create conditions to provide for staff engagement, including staff developmental goals and programs
- Participates in staff recruitment, selection, and hiring processes, with lead responsibility for staff orientation
- Provides staff with ongoing training and development as required
- Supervise daily practice and individual clinician scheduling, billing, and productivity ensuring daily prior authorization and referral management
- Provides guidance to staff regarding insurance requirements and changes
- Lead expertise on office scheduling and billing (front and back office), providing front office functions as needed (coordinate patient flow, register/check-in patients, answer phones, work desktops, schedule appointments, collect fees, etc) while modeling service excellence
- Ensure that staff optimize clinician templates and schedules to maximize patient access and care delivery
- Ensure that any patient/family billing questions are addressed by staff appropriately intervening as necessary
- Serve as information/communication liaison between office staff and practice manager/supervisor, conducting regular staff meetings and utilizing numerous other forms of effective two-way communication
- Lead site improvement initiatives as directed by practice manager
- Accountability for petty cash process and auditing
- Provide site location medical and supply inventory control; supply request to Practice Manager
- Monitors practice budget and expenses including CME accounts in collaboration with the Practice Manager
- Provide site facility management and liaison to Practice Manager
- Coordinate on-site IT support
- Conduct patient safety and regulatory readiness audits per guidelines established by the Practice Manager; Safety first learning reporting per guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care Health Services center and departmental policies and procedures and mandatory education requirements including but not limited to safety, infection control, attendance and dress code
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years office practice experience required
- Supervisory or lead experience required
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
ChristianaCare Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are ...positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.