Ochsner Health System in New Orleans is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Physiatrist to join our expanding practice.
Opportunities exist to participate in teaching both PM&R and Pediatric residents. Medical students from the University of Queensland/Ochsner Clinical School and Tulane rotate through the department. Recent graduates and experienced physicians are welcomed to apply. The position provides opportunity to be involved with the following:
- Spasticity management; Botox and phenol injections, Balclofen pump management, etc.
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Management of CP, SCI, TBI, stroke, neuromuscular disorders
- Orthotics/prosthetic/DME prescription
- Potential for pediatric EMG/NCS evaluation
- Work in a collegial environment with other pediatric subspecialists in neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, developmental medicine and genetics, among others
- Multidisciplinary environment within a Children's Developmental Center
- Participation in Ochsner's well-developed concussion management program and other multidisciplinary programs managing patients with spinal bifida and cerebral palsy, etc.
- Potential for involvement in the development of a new inpatient Pediatric rehab unit
The Department of Pediatrics and our pediatric subspecialists (collectively, Ochsner for Children™) represent over 100 physicians. The group is the region’s leading integrated provider of multispecialty care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. We offer a full range of pediatric services and have a combined pediatric residency program with Tulane Medical School. Our physicians care for over 80,000 children each year at 14 sites across Louisiana, including a large, state-of-the-art dedicated pediatric ambulatory facility located on our main campus.
Ochsner Hospital for Children is the only children’s hospital in Louisiana to receive the 2016 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Children. Located on the campus of Ochsner Medical Center, our 113-bed children’s hospital offers a 33-bed pediatric unit, a 54-bed Level III-C NICU, a 26-bed Level-1 PICU/CVICU, and a dedicated, full-time, region-wide pediatric transport team.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and 60+ health centers. Ochsner employs more than 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and performs over 600 clinical research studies. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org.
Please email CV to email@example.com or call 800-488-2240 for more information.
Reference # AAPMR-PEDS
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.