Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
About Indianapolis VA Medical Center: Provides acute inpatient medical, surgical, psychiatric, neurological, and rehabilitation care, as well as both primary and specialized outpatient services. Some noteworthy specialized services include comprehensive cardiac care, radiation oncology treatment and community based extended care. The medical center operates three Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's) located in Bloomington, Indiana, Terre Haute, Indiana and Martinsville, IN. The more than 61,000 patients (3,700 women Veterans) treated by the Indianapolis VA Medical Center require over 657,000 outpatient visits and over 7,900 inpatient episodes of care yearly. Indianapolis VA Medical Center is a tertiary care medical facility with 229 authorized beds. For more information, please click on the link: http://www.indianapolis.va.gov/
The Chronic Pain Physician is trained and has experience in chronic pain management. They will provide overall leadership and will assume the responsibility and authority to coordinate care and maintain the operation of the program.
· Participates in the PM&R Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program development and compliance.
· Provides leadership of the interdisciplinary patient care services.
· Provides medical care, including care for continuing, unstable, or complex medical conditions, directly or through arrangements with other physicians.
· In collaboration with the team, directs the composition and duration of the person?s chronic pain rehabilitation program.
· In collaboration with the chronic pain rehabilitation team, ensures the adequacy of the individual treatment prescriptions for all persons served.
· Provides both management and direction for the composition and duration of the person?s chronic pain rehabilitation program to ensure that it is consistent with the person?s predicted outcomes.
· Oversees the decision making process for admission and continued management of the persons served.
· Has regular, direct individual contact with the persons? served that is based on their medical and rehabilitation needs.
· Provides the physician component of decisions regarding:
- A. Assessment
- B. Determination of predicted outcomes
- D. Medication appropriatness
· Ensures the organization adheres to the policies on ethical conduct and oversees compliance with JCAHO, CARF, OSHA, and other (internal and external) regulatory standards and accrediting bodies.
· Participates in strategic planning for OSRC and PM&R Chronic Pain Rehabiliation Program as part of the Medical Center.
· Advocates for veteran?s with activity limitations.
· Develops ongoing relationships with stakeholders.
· Actively participates in Performance Improvement initiatives.
· Provide regular, direct contact with persons served at a frequency that is appropriate to justify the need for continued management within the PM&R Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program.
· Prescribes physical therapy, occupational therapy, kinesiotherapy, recreation therapy and other CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) services as indicated.
· Requests medical consultative services to meet the complex medical needs of persons served and monitor the concurrent care.
· Promotes the value of rehabilitation to all levels of the medical center.
· Is accessible and involved in the PM&R Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program as demonstrated by a continual presence within the team, an open door policy to staff for concerns and exchange of ideas, and for formal staff meetings.
Work Schedule: 1st Shift 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician/000000
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer