Fellowship - Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
April 7, 2017
Fellowship - Entry Level
Has ACGME Accreditation:
The Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship is a one year program that provides clinical & research training in the rehabilitation of patients with brain disorders, including traumatic brain injury, anoxic brain injury, stroke and other neurologic disorders.
The program is organized as 11 months of clinical rotations at two major academic centers, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (SRH) and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and one month of clinical research, both of which are affiliated with the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Harvard Medical School. T Here are countless opportunities for development of clinical and teaching skills as the trainee works with medical students, residents and attendings across a multi-specialty spectrum of care. As a part of the Brain Injury Model Systems Program, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital also offer extraordinary research opportunities.
Founded in 1971 as the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is one of the largest rehabilitation facilities in the U.S., providing comprehensive rehabilitation treatment.
Our network includes:
• 196-bed main hospital
• Over 60 physicians on staff
• 6 specialized inpatient programs in rehabilitation
• 4,000 inpatient admissions annually
• 9 outpatient centers throughout Massachusetts
• More than 200 physical, occupational, speech-language and recreational therapists
• 140,000 annual outpatient visits.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is the only rehabilitation hospital in New England continuously ranked since 1995 by U.S. News and World Report in its Best Hospitals survey.
Spaulding's mission is to:
• Provide a full continuum of rehabilitation treatment and care.
• Contribute new knowledge and treatment approaches through research and outcome studies.
• Educate future rehabilitation specialists, including physicians, nurses, therapists and other allied health professionals.
• Advocate for persons with disabilities.
• Collaborate with Partners and other healthcare providers.
Our Healthcare... Partners
A teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, Spaulding is a member of the Partners HealthCare System. The Spaulding continuum of care also includes collaboration and contract management consultation with rehabilitation facilities throughout the Massachusetts / New Hampshire region:
East Sandwich,MA Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape and Islands
Fitchburg, MA Burbank Rehabilitation Center/Health Alliance Hospital
Pittsfield, MA Berkshire Medical Center
Nashua, NH St. Joseph Hospital