The Wayne State University Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Beaumont Hospital is seeking a board certified or board eligible physiatrist to join our program. The ideal individual should have a strong interest in teaching residents and a track record of scholarly productivity in rehabilitation medicine. Beaumont Hospital and our outpatient clinics provide a state of the art environment for clinical rehabilitation of individuals with a variety of disorders.
Research opportunities include multidisciplinary projects at our new IBIO center.
- Provide medical care to inpatient and outpatient population at our affiliated hospitals and outpatient clinics
- Teach and train residents, medical students, allied health students and physician extenders
- Participates in continuing medical education program in the Department
- Conduct research in the area of PM&R and related disciplines and collaborate with other departments and institutes in research projects.
- Participate in faculty committees as appropriate
- Participates in meeting department fiscal and operational goals.
- Collaborates and cooperates with site leadership. Serves on other committees as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MD. or D.O. (with board certification in PM&R)
- Interest in teaching and scholarly productivity in rehabilitation or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and work cross-functionally to foster long-term relationships.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae to:
Richard Krugel, MD, Interim Chair
10000 Telegraph Road Taylor, MI 48180
Wayne State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, which complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action, and is committed to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.