Hartford Orthopedic Medicine is seeking a FT/PT physiatrist for it's musculoskeletal outpatient Facility.
Hartford is centrally located between Boston and New York with less than 2 hours to each city. Hartford is developing an active downtown with a billion dollar riverfront. Part-time applicants can commute from New England or NY Tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) easily.
• Multispecialty musculoskeletal practice with an emphasis on providing ethical personal injury and workers compensation evaluations and management.
• The practice is owned by a partnership between a chiropractic physician and an orthopedic surgeon.
• Completely out-of-network practice. No insurance accepted.
• The practice is seeking a PMR doctor to to join existing FT and PT staff physiatrists and other musculoskeletal providers. This downtown practice occupies 6,000 square feet professional office space overlooking Bushnell Park in the heart of the business district.
• It is presently covered by 1 FT and 1 PT physiatrist, 1 part time orthopedist and an internal medicine/emergency medicine physician. There is an on-site consulting neurologist several days per week. On-site radiology with radiologist interpretations via local tele-radiology service
• A physical therapy practice is on-site and shares space with the practice.
• Primarily orthopedic/neurologic, musculoskeletal injuries. No stroke, burn or cardiopulmonary rehab.
• Services are provided at 2 locations (Hartford and New Britain). • The practice has a fluoroscopic procedure suite for interventional pain management procedures. Also equipped with ultrasound for guided injections.
• A large percentage of the practice’s referrals are from chiropractors and attorneys.
• Musculoskeletal services, EMG’s, trigger point injections, bursa injections, IME’s.
• Optional interventional procedures (ESI, Facet blocks, etc)
• No call or weekend hours
• The office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM
Reason for opening:
Practice growing and can support additional FT/PT physiatrist. Present and prior PMR team members speak very highly of this practice and are available to discuss. References available. Compensation package includes base salary of $185,000 to $200,000 depending on experience , $2,000 education allowance, Paid-Time-Off program plus holidays, Participation in the company-sponsored health and disabilities insurances, company 401K retirement plan, $1M/$3M malpractice coverage, AAPMR membership dues, subscription to the Academy journal. Partnership opportunities considered after 2 years. Payor Mix: 100% private pay, no major medical, managed care, Medicare of Medicaid
Board Certified or qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills; Spanish speaking skills are helpful but not necessary
Medical Legal Orientation:
This is an opportunity for an informed physiatrist who recognizes that the changing trends in the health care delivery system have, and will continue to, adversely affect their ability to provide quality care and earn a good living. The practice is completely out-of-network which means that there are no policy restrictions on the care provided. The practice is exclusively catering to traumatically injured patients who have ongoing personal injury and medical legal concerns. The care and medical opinions we provide are done so in a highly ethical and conservative manner. In many scenarios the personal injury oriented practice may have a less than favorable connotation but in our practice environment we have an established reputation of being fair, honest and patient centered before any considerations of the medical legal concerns. This philosophy has carried on for over three decades and is a good fit for a physiatrist that wants to do quality work, change patient's lives and have unlimited potential for growth, beyond the opportunities available in the current declining health insurance climate.