The Wayne State University Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Beaumont Hospital is seeking a board certified or board eligible physiatrist to join our program. The ideal individual should have a strong interest in teaching residents and a track record of scholarly productivity in rehabilitation medicine. Beaumont Hospital and our outpatient clinics provide a state of the art environment for clinical rehabilitation of individuals with a variety of disorders.
Research opportunities include multidisciplinary projects at our new IBIO center.
- Teach and train residents, medical students, allied health students and physician extenders
- Participates in continuing medical education program in the Department
- Conduct research in the area of PM&R and related disciplines and collaborate with other departments and institutes in research projects.
- Participate in faculty committees as appropriate
- Participates in meeting department fiscal and operational goals.
- Collaborates and cooperates with site leadership. Serves on other committees as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.D. or D.O. (with board certification in PM&R)
- Interest in teaching and scholarly productivity in rehabilitation or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and work cross-functionally to foster long-term relationships.
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae to:
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. WSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
For nearly 150 years, the Wayne State School of Medicine has prepared students to be health care leaders and advocates who go on to change the world. Our dedication to urban clinical excellence and contribution to Detroit’s revitalization is unwavering. Our community service roots run deep, and our focus on a healthier world grows ever stronger. Through social responsiveness and a continuous focus... on innovation in education, research and clinical care, the Wayne State School of Medicine will continue to graduate a diverse group of physicians and biomedical scientists who will transform the promise of equal health for all into a reality.